Tuesday 11 June 2013

This Weeks Plan - 11/06/2013



So for the past few days I have not been able to really get to the computer to write blog posts. I am sorry for that but my wife is currently finishing off her uni course, I’ve had a cold recently and I’ve been putting what energy I could into finishing off Entrapment’s editing so I could send it to my editor.

So whereas I don’t have anything inspirational / advisory / [insert something here] to pass to you today; I thought I would give you this week’s plan.

1.       First Off I need to write some blog posts, I am currently looking into writing a supernatural series on the blog about where my inspirations come from talking about specific cases and their history. The series will run once a week and will feature ghosts, vampires and other cases of the supernatural. So stay tuned for that.
2.       As well as the supernatural series I want to write a couple of posts about “6 Things You should Never Do as a Writer”; “6 Reasons Why Reviewing is Good” and “Six good writing books”
3.       I might try and write a short story while I wait for my development editor and subsequently my copy editor to get back to me. I have an excellent idea in my head and it would be good to get that down on screen.
4.       Finish arrow – this may sound weird to put on here, but it has been sitting on my recording box now for months and whilst I wait for feedback, I don’t want to be checking my PC every 10 minutes. Perfect time to catch up on a series. Plus Elementary just finished and there is a gaping hole in my life (although The Apprentice) may fill that for a little while.
5.       Go crabbing – yes crabbing is important for my writing. As I sit there waiting for the elusive 9th crab to equal my record (at the moment I can only catch 8 it seems – there are others in there, but they seem to escape the bucket every time I catch them) I think of new storylines and new characters. It is a great way to relax.
6.       Do some more reading. I’ve got tonnes of books to read. I would really like to get another couple read this week and one or two reviewed.
7.   I am to come up with a couple of competition ideas for when my next book is released. I want to create more interaction on the blog and a competition is a good way to do that.

So those are my plans. Have you got a plan this week? How do you plan your writing week?

If you have enjoyed this article or any other part of my blog please take the time to follow me on twitter and my facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment